Sunday, January 9, 2011

Movie Review

So as some of you know, I watch a hell of a lot of movies. Where I get the time? I have no idea whatsoever. Isn't cool that whatsoever is one word? I think so...So I thought for some people's benefit, I could review some of the most current ones I've seen so that I may pass along good (or bad) words.

I thought I would start off by reviewing a nice little independent film most people haven't heard of.


ALL THE DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW


I decided to watch this movie by chance, after hearing good reviews online. I was pleasantly surprised to find a great film about undetermined yet meaningful relationships.
starring
Alexandra Holden and Joey Kern in this quirky episodic tale about a friendship that's almost something more, Wes and Alison are pals who ought to be lovers, but their timing has never been right. When Alison makes a late-night visit to Wes on the eve of leaving for Tokyo to rejoin her beau, the two chums travel down an emotional memory lane, discovering truths about their relationship in the process. In the mix is Wes's mysterious and comical guardian angel that visits him in his dreams, revealing truths about himself and the mysteries of life.
The film follows a non linear time line, going back from past to present and possibly even future. It opens up with what is present day, in Wes's apartment. Wes is asleep and receives an unexpected phone call late into the night. It is a call from Alison asking Wes if she can stop by, and even get a ride to the airport the next morning. It is obvious by her and his reluctancy that they have not seen each other for some time over an event that happened between them. Wes eventually agrees, and then the time line changes going from the past to a couple of his Alison's experiences.
When I first started watching the film, I was surprised at the slow pace, as a slow pace in any film could hinder the development, but to my surprise it only helped. The pace is really representative of time itself in our own daily experiences and relationships. I was also surprised by how it's vagueness of dates or meetings didn't disrupt the love connection.

It is like something picked up right from the nineties with a modern 21st century feel.


The chemistry between these two actors is questionable in the beginning, but only blossoms as the film continues on. By the end, you will be cheering for the two to come together and realize that they are meant for each other.

I would definitely recommend this film.


0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © A technicolor journey through life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com