To get to my school (as some of you may know), I ride the max almost every morning to Portland and back to Gresham. Yes, I commute. It can be exhausting at times, thrilling, and also scary.
I wake up every morning an hour ahead of catching it, in order to make it on time. Nothing phases me, but there are some days where I simply cannot get myself up and out of bed. So this is where my lovely friend Mikayla comes in to rescue my sleepy ass. She picks me up and we drive to school, saving me an hour of sleep. What an amazing woman. This girl is so amazing, that she commutes every day (except Fridays) from Cascade Locke (for those of you who don't know where that is its in the gorge, which is very far from Portland). So thus she is my hero.
So far on the max I have encountered many things, such as:
playing footsy with strangers
talking to people with ADHD
Graffiti artists
Homeless beggars
Out of towners
Overly Obese people in wheelchairs
people who just stink (literally)
broken down trains
giving people accidental glances
high class eavesdropping
excessive reading and thinking
and admiring beauty out a window
I have come to tolerate the MAX, the good and the bad, because i have to :)
-
The best two things I have seen yet so far while riding the MAX are these things:
1)
Seeing a group of kids being lead on a string of rope see the max line, and without hesitation all of them immediately doing the arm honk.
2) watching this ship be loaded with tons of grain while crossing the steel bridge:
Oh, and to also go back on my points that I made about my English class full of flaming opinionated liberal artists, here is a funny excerpt of a random topic that came up (and I felt I needed to be involved on).
Autumn: I want a Volkswagen bus bad, extremely bad.
Girl:(immediately opinionated about subject) Do you know how to fix cars?
Autumn: nope. nothing.
Girl: then you won't get one (they break down).
Autumn: Oh, I'll still get one.
Ryder x Urban Outfitters
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment