The night before last I saw the midnight showing of Twilight. Why? do you ask....
I, as many others read all the books. Yes, I know... pitiful? maybe. It was the scene thing to do at the time, and I decided to see what all of the commotion was about since the movie was coming along (I do work at a movie theater) and also the last book. When I started reading it I found out that the book (as well as the other books) were a breeze to read through. I mean the font size was literally 14 points. Also, it wasn't really high society literature.
After finishing the first book so fast (in 2 days), I decided to give the second one a shot to redeem the first (since it was a little cheesy and 12 yr girlish).
The second one was way better than the first since it had real drama, and sort of lurked you in. After that, I flew through the others to discover an addicting easy breeze read, as well as max ride time consumer.
When finishing, I was stoked for the movie because it looked like it would rise over the books standards. So when last night came and I had to drag myself (along with wonderful boyfriend Josh) to the theater because of how tired we were, I was surprised by the result.
The movie was good in these areas: filming, some special effects, and the fact that Robert Pattinson's beautiful face was blown up to the size of a 60 feet high and 85 feet wide screen.
Otherwise the movie was edited weird in places, and the acting in a few scenes was almost laughable (but that probably had to do with the cheesy lines, just like Natalie Portman had to deal with in the last star wars movie).
When I first entered the theater to find a seat, all I saw was a sea of young teenage girls wearing shirts that said either "Team Edward", or "Team Jacob" which made me want to throw up. Thankfully there was another theater full of older folks that were my age +. So me and Josh pumped up on Munster energy drinks and tried to stay coherent.
I must say, Robert Pattinson's face made it all. : ) He is the james dean of today, and has a long future ahead of him (not a vampire pun) if he doesn't die young like my beloved Heath Ledger.
I do think I know why it has gotten so much hype from all of the young women. It is because of this:
we all want to be recklessly in love and treated like gold, like we are something precious and desirable. We want a pursuer with an unfailing lure and drive for our hearts. Sentimental, I know, but it's the darn truth. That's what every girl wants, the truth is finally out fellas. So props to the guys who have already figured this out (like my Josh).
In closing:
Ryder x Urban Outfitters
7 years ago

2 comments:
ooh i just got back from seeing this.
it was wonderful & robert made it amazing. he really truly is edward! love these pictures too!
i really enjoyed the books, but not sure about the movie i haven't seen it yet (its hasn't been released here ) because i always think movies never do the books justice. anyway i do love the pictures...oh thanks for your lovely comment! <3
Post a Comment