Saturday, December 6, 2008

Frost Yourself


After turning on my radio to the K103 radio station, which plays Christmas music absurdly early in the year (actually pretty much all year round), my ears found Burl Ives in a loud ruckus singing Frosty the Snowman. Instantly when my mind registered the sound I was hearing, I had a sound to memory episode which reminded me of my feelings toward the jolly song. I used to watch the old animation with frosty over and over in the Christmas season when I was a little tyke. This wasn't because it was a particular favorite, but because it was one of our only cartoon Christmas videos, and I had no choice by my mom (if I can recollect right, maybe it was because of my subconscious desire to solve the mystery of the black silk hat).
In fact, my feelings toward the song are not jolly at all, because of the 1969 television program. I get feelings inside of me I would never want there, like worry and anxiety. Feelings any kid at the age of five shouldn't have, or even an adult for that matter.
If you think about it, Frosty the Snowman is actually a big Let Down. Who wants to hear of a story where a man made out of snow mysteriously comes to life because of some children's sad desires to actually have someone show that they love them? And then when he does, is only taken away by the spring season and a scary senile man (who hates children) looking to get his favorite black silk hat back? How scary and depressing is that?
This is why I have distained hidden feelings for Frosty, the snowman.
and this guy:

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © A technicolor journey through life
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com