`````11
Today I observed in silence as an old childhood friend got married today. I watched her get ready with tears of joy, check her vows, and walk down the isle in her log cabin home filled with about 15 people. I still remember when we were young that her, her sister, my sister, and I thought we were the unstoppable duo force that rocked our neighborhood. We would figure out ways of earning money by going door to door selling our drawings, or scrounge around the house for pennies to come prepared the next time the ice cream man came. We played capture the flag in the forest near the park which we called ours, and broke bones from jumping all day long on the trampoline. So how do we get from there to where we are today? So young, then so grown up? You really don't realize how times fly's with or without you. Not noticing or acknowledging its existence.

Every wedding I photograph always makes me happy. I see so many people so in love, and so ready to be married. It's quite a wonderful day really, for everyone involved (not just the people getting married). Looking back, I remember one wedding I photographed that had me in tears for a good portion of it. Yes, just imagine the photographer crying. I barely knew these people, and yet their commitment to one another was so evident it brought tears to my eyes. They had dated for about a year before getting engaged, and yet they knew that they didn't want to live in a life where they didn't see each other everyday. Feel each others warmth, smiles, be without the persons fights, or quirks. They were so in sync, and their stories of what they were giving up and gaining with each other was just so moving.
I feel teary eyed just writing about it, so thus I will stop.

It's amazing when a couple decides to make a commitment like that, knowing its big, but treating it like its something natural, like why wouldn't they get married?
It's like your in a dream land that you see someday you may be in for a while. You drift in between both until one day, it just happens.

p.s. I guess a good musical representation of the way I feel while drifting would be the music from those damn lancome commercials


Every wedding I photograph always makes me happy. I see so many people so in love, and so ready to be married. It's quite a wonderful day really, for everyone involved (not just the people getting married). Looking back, I remember one wedding I photographed that had me in tears for a good portion of it. Yes, just imagine the photographer crying. I barely knew these people, and yet their commitment to one another was so evident it brought tears to my eyes. They had dated for about a year before getting engaged, and yet they knew that they didn't want to live in a life where they didn't see each other everyday. Feel each others warmth, smiles, be without the persons fights, or quirks. They were so in sync, and their stories of what they were giving up and gaining with each other was just so moving.
I feel teary eyed just writing about it, so thus I will stop.

It's amazing when a couple decides to make a commitment like that, knowing its big, but treating it like its something natural, like why wouldn't they get married?
It's like your in a dream land that you see someday you may be in for a while. You drift in between both until one day, it just happens.

p.s. I guess a good musical representation of the way I feel while drifting would be the music from those damn lancome commercials



3 comments:
this is beautiful :)
i have had only one childhood friend get married so far and it was such a strange feeling. even though time passes i sometimes still feel like we are all children, it is quite a shock (but so wonderful of course) when a childhood friend gets married- its like a confirmation that we are all adults now. and how lucky you are to photograph weddings! that sounds like a perfectly lovely job!
It is! you should try it sometime : )
It's very exhausting though. there are nightmare weddings.
And I know what you mean about the confirmation. Sometimes I feel like I should still be five.
i have never witnessed anything like this....never got so attached to people that their departure would bring tears in my eyes....but now I want to....can feel tears swell up....
Post a Comment